Monday, August 11, 2008

Invitation to Hungry Hungry Hippos' Readers and Contributors

Join me and mine (of Hicken lineage) in participating in a sprint distance triathlon here in Logan next June.  That would be June of 2009.  The tri can be done individually, or as a team.  This event takes place at our local Sports Academy and Racquet Club and there is a minimal fee ($25 I think?) The swim is in the pool and a distance of approximately 300 yards or 12 pool lengths. The bike is 12.5 miles.  The run is a 5k distance.

I did it six years ago to commemorate my 40th birthday (it wasn't pretty) -- and have been looking for some reason to again suffer the pain and agony involved in the training and the doing. Let me know if you want in on the suffering, because we all know that misery loves company and I can think of no better company than the Hite and Hicken clans!

1 comment:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Unless I am busy marrying the man of my dreams and/or prego with his love child, count me IN!