I also have to get something off my chest. I hate people on diets. I was just realizing yesterday that every time I noticed Gabi do something for her 1500 calorie a day diet, I wanted to kick a puppy. (Figuratively speaking, of course.) Maybe I'm jealous because I lack the commitment it takes to really take a diet seriously, but I honestly think that it's just because people on diets tend to talk about their diet constantly. If they were just quiet about it all and peacefully lost their weight without talking about every single gram of sodium they had that day and in which food it came from, I would congratulate them when I've noticed the weight loss in a semi awkward way and we would both feel just fine.
Yes, I notice that this entire blog is what I hate, and yes, I realize that I'm a member. I also can see that I have probably been guilty of talking about a diet nonstop. But I think that is a major barrier in my attempt to diet and workout. I don't want to be that person that causes other people to want to kick puppies. (Or if you're Incarnacion, poopies)
I'm sorry to Gabi for being the example. I don't hate you (never said I did) and will get over it. And also, I haven't kicked any baby dogs.
P.S. I wrote this entire blog wearing a Ring Pop. It's delicious.
3 comments:
Bah I totally agree with you about those calorie counters! Except you forgot the people who are so proficient that you can see them counting in their little heads right before they are about to take some food and then they make you feel guilty about eating it. Blerg those subtle mind tricks! Allie and I had a companion like that. We would go to peoples houses and she would make me drink her juice. I of course loved it, it being super delicious but still I didn't know what I was doing. Thus I am Fat wannabe Hite.
I'm scared to sleep in the same room as Caitlin now.
Get that corn outta my face!!
Post a Comment